We are pleased to announce that the version 1.0.5 update for STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town is now available to download and install within Europe and Australia.
Additionally we also have new details to share for the upcoming v1.0.6 update, which will be due in July.
About Version 1.0.5
—-【Version 1.0.5 Notes】————
Changes the functionality of makers to make them easier to use
Makers can now be pre-loaded with enough materials to continually make up to 10 items of the same type
Adds the ability to sidestep and lock movement in a straight line
Hold the L Button or R Button while moving with the Left Stick to lock your movement in left, right, up, or down direction.
- Adds a heart gauge visual during dialogue with marriage candidates
- Improves some issues that caused lag
- Removes the need to press the A Button when moving from indoors to outdoors
- Adjusts some cooking times
- Adjusts some of the residents’ existing dialogue and adds new dialogue
- Changes characters’ responses when giving a present, confession, or proposing multiple times in one day
- Adds new visuals for different meals
How to Update to Version 1.0.5:
If you have "automatic updates" enabled on your Nintendo Switch console then the 1.0.5 update for STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town should automatically download and install to your console when the console does its regular check for available game updates. Alternatively you should receive a notification that an update is available upon starting the game if connected to the internet.
Should the update not be detected automatically then we would suggest doing a manual update.
- Highlight the STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town game icon on the Nintendo Switch home screen and press the “+” button on your controller.
- On this menu screen highlight “Software update” and press the “A” button twice. This will check for an update "via the internet" and will automatically download and install the update.
As previously announced the gap in release between the Japanese version of the 1.0.5 patch and our version was due to the large volume of additional text that had to be localized into English, French, German, and Spanish. We apologize again for this delay, and we are sincerely grateful for the support and patience of all STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town fans.
About Version 1.0.6:
—-【Version 1.0.6 Notes】————
- Makes it easier to see who is running the event at festivals
- Adds an event for when the player participates in the Egg Festival by themself
Add the ability to change your child/your animals’ names
The option to change your child/your animals’ names has been added to available blessings at the shrine
- Improves visuals when completing town requests
- Improves visuals when upgrading tools
- Improves character behavior when talking to villagers who are eating, fishing, etc.
- Implements a new message when returning home at 2AM
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze after the child adoption event when several events occur in succession
- Fixes an issue where the load screen could freeze when leaving a coop
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze during the Mushroom Hunt when picking up a mushroom after changing the camera distance in a certain area
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when the player interacts with an animal immediately before it returns to its coop or barn
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when starting the game with no controller connected
- Fixes an issue where pressing the A button repeatedly while moving in front of an unrepaired farm facility could cause actions that use the A button, such as picking up items, to not work
- Other minor bug fixes
More updates are planned for the future, and we will announce the contents of those updates as we go. Thank you, and happy farming!