We are pleased to confirm that patch version 1.0.7, and version 1.0.8, for STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town are now available to download and install for Nintendo Switch users in Europe and Australia.
The version 1.0.7 update adds features such as the Chat Camera setting and new expressions for townspeople during conversations. The v1.0.8 update meanwhile contains minor bug fixes. We hope that these changes will help you connect in new ways with the people of Olive Town.
—-【Version 1.0.7 Notes】————
Adds the Chat Camera feature
Turning the Chat Camera setting ON will display a close-up of villagers when in conversation with them.
The Chat Camera setting can be switched ON and OFF.
*The Chat Camera setting will be OFF by default after updating to Version 1.0.7.
*The camera may not zoom in if villagers are close to walls or other obstacles, even if the Chat Camera setting is turned ON.
- Adds townsperson expressions during conversation
- Improves visuals when developing town facilities
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when loading save data in which the protagonist has a child with a DLC character after uninstalling DLC
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when opening the calendar and exchanging items between the bag and tool bag directly after loading save data
- Other minor bug fixes
As a reminder in addition to new features and bug fixes, Version 1.0.7 makes small updates to the Windswept Falls Expansion Pack and Terracotta Oasis Expansion Pack. If you are unable to play these DLC after downloading Version 1.0.7, please wait a few minutes then manually update your game to the latest available version.
How to Update to the latest version:
If you have "automatic updates" enabled on your Nintendo Switch console then the v1.0.7 and v1.0.8 updates for STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town should automatically download and install to your console when the console does its regular check for available game updates. Alternatively you should receive a notification that an update is available upon starting the game if the Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet.
Should the update(s) not be detected automatically then we would suggest doing a manual update.
- Highlight the STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town game icon on the Nintendo Switch home screen and press the “+” button on your controller.
- On this menu screen highlight “Software update” and press the “A” button twice. This will check for an update "via the internet" and will automatically download and install the update.
Both v1.0.7 and v1.0.8 updates will be downloaded and installed at the same time and once the updates have finished installing it will display ver. 1.0.8 on the game information screen on your Nintendo Switch home screen, as shown below.
As always, we continue to appreciate the support of all STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town fans. Thank you and happy farming!