Marvelous Europe are today excited to announce that we will be publishing the exhilarating, motion-controlled, rhythm game Gal Metal onto the Nintendo Switch™ as well as the high octane Virtual Reality Shooter GUNGRAVE VR for PlayStation®VR on the PlayStation®4 within Europe.Currently slated for release during Autumn 2018, Gal Metal and GUNGRAVE VR will be released physically and digitally within Europe, with both games offering fans two brand new refreshing gameplay experiences for the Nintendo Switch™ and PlayStation®4.
About Gal Metal:
Planet Earth is on the brink of invasion after humanity ruined the peace and quiet of the universe with the broadcast of metal music on the Voyager probe's Golden Record. Aliens picked up the signal and couldn't stop headbanging, and now they're dying off because of it… so they want revenge!
A few rogue extraterrestrials make their way to the source of the music and abduct two high school students from the Tokyo suburb of Kichijoji: an unnamed boy, and a drummer named Rinko from an outrageous girls-only metal club. The aliens needed an emissary with whom to discuss the terms of their revenge, and felt either of these two would serve nicely. However, being unable to choose between them, the aliens simply decided to merge their souls into a single being!
Now, working together, the all-in-one pair must team up with the other members of K.M.G. (the Kichijoji Metal Girls) to rid the planet of these eight-tentacled extraterrestrials using the power of metal. It’s time to rock these music-hating creeps all the way back to whatever planet they came from!
Gal Metal is a rhythm game designed for Nintendo Switch™ that turns each Joy-Con™ into a drum stick. Players will take hold of the Joy-Cons to rock along with the music as they create their own complex performances and rack up millions of points using personal free-form drum lines based on over a dozen different beats. With Pro Controller support on offer as well, players will be able to choose how they want to jam and earn metal power to use against the alien invaders in this uniquely adlib-friendly rhythm experience.
- Jam Any Way You’d Like: A new spin on traditional music gameplay, Gal Metal lets the player create their own drumlines based on over a dozen beats. Practice the beats after school and rack up unique combos to blow the invading aliens away in live performances!
- Unique Storytelling: Divided into episodes ending in climactic concerts, the lighthearted story unfolds in text messages and animated manga panels that are read right-to-left for an authentically Japanese experience.
Be an After-School Specialist: Between performances to take out the pesky aliens, there’s ordinary school life as well. Improve skills and friendships by doing part-time jobs, hanging out with friends, and jamming in the club room.
- Show Your True Mettle/Metal: Simple-to-learn gameplay allows players who master the beats to create complex performances. How much metal power can you score?
Gal Metal will be will be published both digitally and physically on Nintendo Switch™ in Europe by Marvelous Europe Limited during Autumn 2018.
About GUNGRAVE VR:
Following the battle against the Orgmen—creatures transformed by the mysterious drug, SEED—Mika Asagi has tracked the manufacturing of the narcotic (along with a whole new Orgman infestation) to South City.
With the city streets overrun by these newly formed creatures, Mika requests the assistance of Beyond the Grave (Grave, for short), waking him from 14 years of rest after his previous battle. She hopes for him to use his power to help rid the city streets of the Orgman threat and stop the flow of SEED once and for all.
In GUNGRAVE VR, players take control of Grave with his iconic set of dual guns, Cerberus, and will have to master different playstyles to take down the various foes that stand in his way. Levels consist either of free-moving third-person gameplay or first-person action that includes both stationary and mobile sections, offering players a variety of modes to help put them in the shoes of the resurrected Millennion agent himself.
With an array of shooting attacks, close-range strikes using Grave’s coffin, Bullet Time, and more, GUNGRAVE VR brings an authentic Gungrave experience to virtual reality for the very first time.
- Multiple Perspectives to Master: Fight through intense levels that are set to either free-moving third-person mode or first-person mode (both stationary and mobile). Each perspective offers new challenges.
- A Legendary Pedigree: GUNGRAVE VR showcases the return of character designer Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun), with the original Gungrave designers at Red Entertainment as advisers. Grave and Mika’s designs have been given a thorough upgrade after 14 long years!
- Broad Language Support: Fully-voiced in English and Japanese with text support for English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Kick Their Ass!: Play on any of three difficulty levels: Normal, Hard, and Kick-Ass. Are you hardcore enough to take down the Orgmen in Kick-Ass mode?
GUNGRAVE VR will be published physically and digitally for PlayStation®VR on PlayStation®4 in Europe by Marvelous Europe Ltd during Autumn 2018.
We will share more information about these games in the coming months so stay tuned for further news, but we plan to release both games within Europe during Autumn 2018.